It’s time to upgrade your GTO tokens! The GFT token is here, and the GTO to GFT token swap begins today, January 12th, 2023.
To ease the process for all GTO holders, GIFTO has created a GTO to GFT Token Swap Portal for users holding GTO ERC20 on-chain to let you swap your tokens manually, as well as a swap form for users holding GTO-908 on BEP2.
With the successful completion of the GFT token rebrand, GIFTO is excited to move forward and implement its plans for 2023.
Old GTO token contract addresses:
- GTO (ERC20): https://etherscan.io/token/0xc5bbae50781be1669306b9e001eff57a2957b09d
- GTO (GTO-908 — BEP2): https://explorer.bnbchain.org/asset/GTO-908
New GFT token contract address:
The GTO to GFT token swap is 1:1 and a one-way process in which all swapped GTO ERC20 and GTO BEP2 tokens will be burnt to prevent the double circulation of tokens.
The GTO ERC20 tokens that are burnt will be sent to the burn ERC20 Ethereum address: 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Before you begin the token swap process, please take your time to read the following important information:
- If your GTO tokens are held on a CEX, such as Binance, you shall not need to do anything. Normally, exchanges will perform the token upgrade from GTO to GFT for users directly, and each exchange will provide information about it in their Official Announcements. Conversations are ongoing with exchanges to support the swap.
- If your ERC20 GTO tokens are stored in your own wallet, you will need to use the GTO Swap Portal to upgrade your on-chain tokens to GFT: https://swap.gifto.io/
- If your BEP2 GTO token is in your own wallet, you will need to fill out the provided Google Form and our team will perform the swap for you manually: https://forms.gle/2knMmyD2iV52jXjk6
- Please note that the majority of GTO tokens are ERC20, with only a small portion remaining on the BEP2 Beacon Chain. As a result, the GTO Swap Portal is designed specifically for swapping GTO ERC20 tokens to GFT BEP20 tokens.
- It may take several days or even weeks for all exchanges, informational websites, and wallet services to update and reflect the new GFT token. Please be patient.
What you need to know
- Gifto will support the old GTO tokens for a minimum of three months starting from the start of the swap day (12th January 2023). After this period, which should be sufficient time for all community members to complete the swap, the team will reassess the need for extending the swap period.
- Ultimately, Gifto will shift its focus to product releases and new developments in 2023, and any exceptional cases after the swap deadline will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis at Gifto’s discretion.
- The Gifto project will retain its name and will only be updating its logo and ticker symbol from $GTO to $GFT
- Do not transfer the new GFT token to any exchanges unless they have explicitly announced that they support it. It is always important to check with the exchange announcements page, if you do decide to transfer the tokens, we recommend starting with a small amount as a test.
- It may take some time for wallets and other services to display the new GFT name. Please be patient.
How to swap my GTO to GFT on the BNB Chain?
To swap your GTO for GFT on the BNB Chain, you may not need to do anything. We are working with exchanges to upgrade their tokens, so please stay updated with the exchange where you hold your GTO for further instructions. Follow the Announcements channel and social media accounts of the exchange for the latest information on their support for the GTO to GFT swap.
2. On-Chain Ethereum ERC20 GTO
To swap your GTO for GFT on the BNB Chain, follow these steps:
- If you have GTO ERC20 tokens on-chain, you can use the GTO to GFT Token Swap Portal at https://swap.gifto.io.
- Open the portal and connect your MetaMask or WalletConnect compatible wallet by clicking the CONNECT button.
- If your GTO balance is positive, click the SWAP button to initiate the token swap.
Note: This on-chain token swap is only available for GTO ERC20 tokens.
As reference, the swap contract is 0xfff918e2f4a97b719780008d8482782d746d2e53
3. On-Chain BEP2 GTO-908
If you hold BEP2 GTO tokens on-chain, you have two options for swapping them for GFT:
- Send your GTO tokens to Binance or any other exchange that supports GTO BEP2 deposits, and wait for the exchange to support the swap.
- Send your GTO tokens to Binance or any other exchange that supports GTO BEP2 deposits, and then withdraw your GTO ERC20 tokens to a wallet and use the GTO to GFT Token Swap Portal at https://swap.gifto.io, as described in section 2 above.
Alternatively, after exchanges have finished the swap process (mid February 2023 onwards), the Gifto team can still swap your GTO BEP2 to GFT BEP20 tokens manually. To do so you must follow the following 2 instructions:
- Send your GTO BEP2 tokens to bnb1vrngtcg8663r0u86d6pfucp6p0xm59cwt8ndrh
- Include your BEP20 wallet address to receive your GFT tokens in the MEMO field of the transaction
To ensure a successful manual swap process for your BEP20 GFT, please provide us with your actual BEP20 GFT wallet address in the MEMO to which the tokens must be sent. This will allow our team to process the transaction correctly, with this data stored in the blockchain and thus avoid any potential delays or errors.
In the event that you forget to include the MEMO field in your transaction, we kindly request that you contact us at email@example.com for assistance. However, please be aware that to ensure the security of your account, we will need to conduct a verification process before proceeding with the manual swap.
When swapping your GTO for GFT, keep the following tips in mind:
- Always use the official link for the token swap: https://swap.gifto.io
- Be cautious of phishing websites and anyone claiming to manually swap your tokens. The GIFTO team will never ask you to send your tokens to anyone.
- If you are unsure if an exchange supports GFT, test a small amount before transferring a larger amount.
- After the swap, exchanges may continue to support GTO deposits and withdrawals, but you may not be able to trade GTO anymore. Be aware of this when transferring your old GTO tokens to an exchange.
To ensure the security of the GFT token, we have contracted the services of CertiK to conduct a thorough audit of the GFT token contract.
For information and support regarding the token swap on centralised exchanges, please go back and read this Medium article for any updates.